Look to your child’s future and see how SMMUSD’s renowned music education carries through to the high school level.
Inspire your young musician and bring the whole family to SAMOHI’s first Orchestra concert of the year
The Magical Music of Disney
on Friday Oct. 7, 6:30pm
Enjoy listening and watching the SAMOHI orchestras perform a medley of arrangements
as their music comes alive to popular Disney images projected above.
Come dressed as your favorite Disney character and join the pre-concert costume contest.
Lots of prizes, food, and fun to be had by all ages!
Ticket sales go directly to benefiting the Santa Monica High School Orchestra program.
Please see attached flyer for more details and purchase your tickets now at
On Tuesdays after school you can pick up a box of all organic fruits & veggies for your family. The box comes with easy recipes and is all of what’s in season locally which means delicious apples, grapes, tomatoes, carrots and lots more! 5% from every box comes back to our school. To learn more or sign up go to http://www.farmsignup.com.
Choose a size then on the next page choose our school as your pick up site and your box will come to school for you on Tuesdays after school.
P.S. be sure to use the coupon code school17 for $5 off
Good Life Organics
Good Food for a Good Life
818.614.8131 | www.GoodLifeOrganics.org
Dear students and families:
Itís Science Expo time again!† The Science Expo happens once a year at Grant and is a way for the students to showcase their very own science experiment or engineering project!
The Science Expo this year is†May 14th,†10:00-2:00.
We have extra fun stuff added to our Science Expo this year.† In addition to the student science or engineering†projects†being on display throughout the school, we will also have demonstrations and fun hands-on activities!† Keep watching the Gazette from Ms. Fullwood and emails from your classroom to stay up-to-date on all the latest plans for the day!
For the student projects, each student can choose to do one of these two types of projects:
- A science experiment, OR
- An engineering design project
Enclosed in this e-mail youíll find:
- Planning guides, one for engineering and one for science:† These will provide you with information that can help you know how to do your project and display board.
- Planning worksheets:† You can use these to help engage your child in the process, or simply to keep track of your thoughts and results.† The worksheet does not have to be brought to the Expo.
These are only guides.† The most important thing is that you have your scientist or engineer hat on, think about the problem or question you have chosen, plan your work, and go through all the steps listed.† The more you go through the process and play around with it, the easier it will be!
A couple of things to remember:
- This yearís Expo is not a judged event.
- Your project needs to either be a science experiment (that answers a question) or an engineering solution (that solves a problem).
- Please do not submit collections, demonstrations or models.
- Try to take your project beyond making discoveries and try to make a conclusion.†(Discoveries are things that we observe, but donít have data to help us answer a question.††Conclusions happen after we have lots of data that help us answer a question!†Parents, Steven Spangler Science has a great description of Discovery vs Conclusion if you would like to read more (http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/science-fair-project-ideas/†Ö scroll down to the ìScience Fair Survival Guide for Parentsî)
- Get them in the front office.† There are a few available now.† More will arrive next week.
- You will not be doing your experiment live at the Science Expo.† The only thing you need to bring to the Expo is your display board.
- Bring your display board with you to the Expo and put it on one of the tables that will be lined up in the main hallway that starts by the front office and wraps around the main quad area (someone will be there to help you).
- For those unable to attend the Expo event:† Bring your board to the front office no later than†Friday, May 13th, 3:00 pm.† We will set it up for you!
- Make sure your name, teacher, and room number are written clearly on the back.
If you have any questions or would like to see examples of projects, please stop Mrs. Rattan anytime to ask!† Or parents can email her at†firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, dive in and have fun!!